The Irish Meteorological Society respects your right to privacy. Any personal information which you volunteer on this website will be treated with appropriate standards of security and confidentiality and in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 & 2003. If you volunteer personal information in an e-mail or as an e-mail address in the form of an enquiry or comment or if you register on the site the data will not be made available to any third party and will be used solely for the purpose for which it was intended.
The Irish Meteorological Society does not collect or retain credit card information. All credit card transactions are handled by PayPay (www.PayPal.com) and the Society only receives the payment and a transaction ID.
Our Internet Service Provider collects technical details of site visits such as:
- the IP address of the visitor’s web client
- the top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- the previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded)
- the type of web browser used by the website visitor.
This information is for statistical purposes only and none of it will be used to identify individual site visitors unless required to do so by law.
If, after supplying personal information, you require a copy of it or you wish to discuss, correct or delete it, you may write (including the personal details supplied via the website) to Secretary, Irish Meteorlogical Society, c/o Met Eireann, Glasnevin Hill, Dublin 9