Weather and Sailing Conference 2018 is now fully booked out.
The Irish Meteorological Society (IMS), the Royal Institute of Navigation (RIN) and the Royal Irish Yacht Club (RIYC) are pleased to announce the holding of a Conference on “Weather and Sailing” at the RIYC in Dun Laoghaire on Friday, 23 November, 2018. The Conference is supported by Dublin Port.
The Conference will bring together sailors and meteorologists to share their experience and expertise in what promises to be an informative and enjoyable event. The provisional list of speakers is given below. The Conference begins at 09.00 and finishes at 17.30.
The Conference fee is €30, payable on registration. Lunch at the yacht club is included.
Dun Laoghaire is very well served by transport links including the Dart. There are excellent parking facilities, including three multi-story car parks, within easy walking distance.
Registration for this Conference is now closed.
Weather & Sailing Conference Speakers and Topics
- Evelyn Cusack (Met Éireann) Exactly How Do We Forecast The Weather
- Conor Fogerty (Sailor) Weather & The Single-Hander : The 2017 Observer Single Handed Trans Atlantic Race
- Richard Falk (RYA) A Glimpse Into Weather and Navigational Challenges of the Sydney – Hobart Yacht Race
- Christian Dumard (Professional Sailor) Squib Software and Weather Routing for the Volvo Ocean Race Fleet
- Robert McCabe (Irish Lights) The Met Ocean Data Buoys Project
- Colm Newport (Dublin Port) Weather and the Dublin Port Pilot
- Jessica Sweeney (Team Ineos UK) Weather and the America’s Cup (this presentation will be delivered by video link)
- Dag Pike (Maritime Consultant) Weather Forecasting for Breaking Records
- Libby Greenhalgh (Professional Sailor) Weather and the 2017/2018 Volvo Race